This release of Clonezilla live (2.0.1-5) includes minor enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2012/Nov/26).
- Linux kernel was updated to 3.2.32-1.
- Package drbl was updated to 2.1.34-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.1.22-drbl1. The new paths for the files in these two packages are in /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/share/drbl/sbin, and /usr/share/drbl/bin. No more under /opt/drbl/. Hence, the new pre-run and post-run paths are /usr/share/drbl/prerun/ocs/ and /usr/share/drbl/postrun/ocs/, respectively.
- A KMS mode was added in the boot menu.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.56.
- Packages tcplay and mpg123 were added.
- Boot parameter "ocs_lang" is now replaced by "locales" from live-config.
- Boot parameter "ocs_live_keymap" is now replaced by "keyboard-layouts" from live-config.
- Boot parameters "echo_ocs_prerun" and "echo_ocs_postrun" were added. This can be used to disable echoing the ocs_prerun and ocs_postrun command.
- An option to use "autohostname" to create the image name was added. Thanks to tererecool (David Bauer) for this idea.
- The command to save an image will be saved in the image dir as file Info-saved-by-cmd.txt.
- Another partition table file, e.g. sda-pt.parted.compact, will be saved in image dir when saving an image. It's easier for human to read.
- //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter "config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
- //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been changed. The new format is:
- A better mechanism was implemented to decide the restored OS is using grub 1 or 2. Thanks to Robert Weir for reporting this issue on Fedora 17 restoring.
- The *.mod files for grub2 are not fixed in the path /boot/grub/. It could be in /boot/grub/i386-pc/. Function install_grub_hd failed in this case.
- Program ocs-lvm2-stop did not work on Ubuntu Linux due to the udevd rules 85-lvm2.rules from Ubuntu.
- The function install_grub_hd in ocs-live-dev should skip checking the boot loader on the USB flash drive, because it might be new, empty one.
- To avoid the KMS and vmwgfx conflict issue (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686939), some blacklist boot parameters were added.
- The VOL_LIMIT for splitting image file could not larger than 20000000000000. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=671650&aid=3567350&group_id=115473
- Saving mode should enable ncurse interface by default, too. Otherwise it's confusing.
- Program run-parts is confusing, there now we use drbl-run-parts.
- The description using space key to mark the selection for disk to disk clone is not required. Thanks to sabrehagen (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=671650&aid=3552271&group_id=115473).